1. This website (the “Website”) is the website of the Secured Income Fund plc (“Secured Income Fund plc”, the "Company" or “us” or “we”).
2. The pages on the Website are published by Elate Global (“Elate Global”) on behalf of Secured Income Fund plc.
3. Please read these terms and conditions of use of the Website carefully as by using the Website you agree to be bound by them. We reserve the right to vary the conditions of use at any time and will post any variations here. You are advised to review the conditions of use on a regular basis as you will be deemed to have accepted variations if you continue to use the Website after they have been posted.
4. If you do not agree to abide by these conditions of use you should not use the Website in any way.
5. Information published by Elate Global on the Website is supplied by the Company and, where indicated, by certain third parties. Elate Global and the Company take every care and precaution to ensure that information published on the Website is accurate when posted and regularly updated, but neither Elate Global nor the Company guarantee or can be held liable for its accuracy or timeliness and Elate Global or the Company may change the information at any time without notice. All information contained on the Website is for general use only and you must not rely on the information on the Website in making any investment decisions or giving financial advice to your clients and you acknowledge that you must take appropriate steps to verify this information before acting on it. As a result, use of the Website is at your sole risk and we cannot accept any liability for loss or damage suffered by you arising from your use of information contained on the website.
6. The Website is designed for use in the UK only and not in any jurisdiction or location where the publication or availability of the website or its contents would be contrary to local law or regulation. The Company's products are available to UK residents only and the information and products contained within the Website should only be accessed by UK residents. By proceeding, you are representing and warranting that you are not resident in a jurisdiction outwith the UK. If you are unable to make this representation and to give this warranty, you should leave this website immediately.
7. SECURED INCOME FUND PLC AND ELATE GLOBAL PUBLISH THE WEBSITE “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE, THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES REFERRED TO ON THE WEBSITE (IN SO FAR AS SUCH WARRANTIES MAY BE EXCLUDED UNDER ANY RELEVANT LAW) AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER SECURED INCOME FUND PLC OR ELATE GLOBAL SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGE WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSS OF PROFITS), CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR OTHERWISE INCIDENTAL THAT MAY RESULT FROM USE OF THE WEBSITE HOWSOEVER ARISING.
8. Any reference to any product or service which has been or may be provided by the Company or any other company does not amount to a promise that such product or service will be available at any time. Changes to or improvements in such products or services may be made at any time without notice.
9. Copyright in the design and architecture of the Website is owned by Elate Global. Secured Income Fund plc owns the copyright in the content published on the Website except where otherwise indicated by a third party's proprietary notice. Images, trade marks and brands are also protected by other intellectual property laws and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without written permission of their respective owners. Unless specifically prohibited by a notice published on any page, you may make a print copy of such parts of the Website as you may reasonably require for your own personal use provided that any copy has attached to it any relevant proprietary notices and/or disclaimers. All other use is prohibited.
10. We are not responsible for the content of any other website from which you have accessed the Website or to which you may hyperlink from the website and cannot be held liable for any loss or damage you incur as a result thereof.
12. These conditions of use are governed by the laws of England and Wales and you agree that the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute.
13. To the extent that any part of these conditions of use is found to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction such part shall to that extent be severed from the remaining terms all of which shall remain in full force and effect as permitted by law.
LEGAL AND REGULATORY INFORMATION
1. Secured Income Fund plc
1.1. Secured Income Fund plc (“ Secured Income Fund plc”, the "Company", “us” or “we”) is an investment company with investment trust status listed on the London Stock Exchange. Secured Income Fund plc is incorporated in England (Company number: 09682883). The registered office of the Company is at Level 13 Broadgate Tower, 20 Primrose Street, London, EC2A 2EW. It is an investment company within the meaning of section 833 of the Companies Act 2006.
2. No advice or offer
2.1. The information contained in the Website is not an invitation to invest in shares or other securities, or any other products or services or otherwise deal in these or enter into a contract with the Company or any other company. The Company is not authorised to offer investment advice to individual investors and nothing contained within this Website should be considered to be investment advice and the information provided should not be relied upon in connection with any investment decision. You should always seek appropriate financial, tax, and/or legal advice before entering into any financial transaction or applying for any of our products.
3. Investment objective and policy
3.1. We strongly recommend that you refer to the Pre-investment Disclosure Document www.kkvim.com relating to the Company or referred to on the Website before applying for any product or securities available or referred to within this website.
3.2. Details of the Company's investment objective and policy are set out in the our Annual Report, copies of which are available on request or may be viewed www.kkvim.com/archive-income-fund/
4. Risk warnings
4.1. Shares in the Company are a form of equity investment.
4.2. The past performance of the Company or any other company referred to on the Website cannot be relied upon as a guide to its future performance. The price of shares and the income derived from them can go down as well as up and investors may not recoup the amount originally invested.
4.3. Tax assumptions may change if the law changes, and the value of tax relief (if any) will depend upon your individual circumstances. Investors should consult their own tax advisers in order to understand any applicable tax consequences.
4.4. Investment trusts may borrow to finance further investment (gearing). The use of gearing is likely to lead to volatility in the Net Asset Value (NAV), meaning that a relatively small movement, down or up, in the value of an investment trust's assets will result in a magnified movement, in the same direction, of that NAV. This may mean that you could get back nothing at all.
4.5. Investment trusts can make use of derivatives; if used for speculative purposes there would be a high risk of loss, due to the highly volatile nature of such investments.
4.6. The price of shares in the Company will be affected by the supply and demand for them on the London Stock Exchange and may not represent the underlying value of the assets of the Company. For these reasons, investors may not get back the amount originally invested. The price can stand below the net asset value of the Company ('at a discount') but it may also stand above it ('at a premium'). The growth of your capital will depend upon the movement of the discount/premium over the period you own the shares, as well as the growth of the assets of the Company.
4.7. Changes in exchange rates may cause the value of underlying overseas investments to go down as well us up.
5. Governing law and jurisdiction
These conditions of use are governed by the laws of England and Wales and you agree that the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute.